background

Friday, March 11, 2016

Simple Little Lovin'

Whoo Hoo - Time for my 2nd card for So Suzy Stamps Blog! I must admit, I've been cleaning up and packing so I've really been enjoying cleaner, more simple cards... go figure huh?!

I wanted to make one more card using stamps that reminded me of spring ~ even though hubby's sneezing like crazy, I just adore this time of year. Feel horrible for him tho....

Images used: Rose, XOXO & Wink of Stella
I decided it's been a long time since I used my aqua pens and thought these roses would be pretty using a bit of ink and water. I inked the image using an archival ink after I taped over the leaf and stem with plain old scotch tape. Once the image was ready, I removed the tape and used a marker to color the leaves and stem and stamped on white card stock. I didn't use water color paper as I am not using a lot of water. Just remember to "huff" on the stamp when not going directly to paper with the ink.

I used an embossing folder to add some depth to the card. I also popped half a white doily behind the base layer. I added a little layered flower to the sentiment. And before I "glued" it all together, I added more super yummy, clear Wink of Stella to the dry images. I love "mah" Wink of Stella!

It's a very simple, little, springy, love filled card. I will be sending this card to my "DIL to be", her fav color is purple. Now, I sure hope you go over to the So Suzy Stamps shop and pick up some pretty images ~ She has TONS! ~ to put together some spring cards for yourself!


Thank you so much to Suzanne for letting me create a little "sum-pin sum-pin" for the blog and as always, thank you for taking the time to come over and see what I created!

Big hugs to each of you!!
 ~ Peggie Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.