background

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Travelers Journals - I. Am. In. LOVE.

This past week has been spring break for Wildman's school. We've had a rather relaxed "staycation". During research for a recent project I came across Travelers Journals. More specifically Midori's. They've been around for years - but I'm new to them. Now, when I worked in the "real world" I carried a huge leather bound, zip round date book. I created all my inserts for it even back then - WELL, having fallen in love with "Fauxdori's" - I saw no other option!


I decided on the regular size insert, mostly cuz it's basically an 8.5x11 piece of paper folded in half. I do trim a bit off all the way around. I then decided I'd create one book for the month/week, one book for my blog organization, one book for birthdays/anniversaries and addresses and one that is my journal. YEPPIE! I learned more publishing and design tricks about Word in 1 week then I've learned in years!


These are pocket folders I created out of decorative file folders.


Inside has two pockets I can stick all kinds of goodies into.


I created this adorable 4 pocket insert from a regular file folder that I covered in some FAB pattern papers from a paper pack my hubby bought me for my birthday a year or so ago. I created a pattern for the outer cover (after watching this GREAT tutorial on MyCraftChannel.) I will post pictures once it's completed (I've gotta get Pellon.)

Thanks for hanging in there for a long & passionate post -

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles & Hugs!
Peggie Sue

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! Staycations are always nice... you can relax and not feel rushed.... :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.