background

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Color My World

My entry for this week's challenge over at MFP Oriental Sketch 69 is this little sweetie. I decided to work with water coloring, but only AFTER I had my image on regular cardstock. I thought I'd see just what would happen. After all, I could always start over, right?! I worked hard at trying to add blending and shading without the benefits of water color paper. I added Gelly Roll glitter pen to her little hair bow and some bling to the bottom right corner. I also tried to pick the most Asian in appearance embossing folder I had to add depth to the cards back ground. I also did a wee bit of inking around the edges of the yellow card stock. The letter in the smaller box is the Japanese symbol for "flower".



I've been working on using all types of color medium for my paper crafting. I continue to work with my Copics working with blending and techniques I'm learning from watching videos on the net. No better place, huh?! Here are a few samples of my lessons:

The flower is done using my Copic pens, the 2nd was completed with water coloring. I had forgotten how relaxing water coloring is! I outlined both images with a fine tip black Sharpie marker to add definition and I added white dots using my uni-ball Signo pigment ink pen. Love this little pen, soooo smooth and wonderful!
 
I will continue to work with all sorts of coloring medium and I'll keep coming here to post my works. I'm also going to work on getting my very first video loaded, but will have to get a new camera. My good ole camera finally gave up the ghost tonight. It's a very sad night indeed.
 
TFSB

2 comments:

  1. Your Oriental card is adorable. What a sweet image! Your coloring is fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet. Love the embossed background. Thank you for joining us at MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.