background

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Feeling Punchy Again!

It's so yucky outside that I decided I wanted to create some flower projects. Sooo, I remembered a lady from Australia who does really amazing cards using punches and dies, Valita's Fresh Folds. I created this card using simple punches and ink pads!


The tulip petals are made from SU's large oval. The dimple in each petal is from the scallop circle. I created the leaves using the wide oval, punched once and then punched again on an angle to create the ellipse shape. I burnished the vein down the middle and sponged the petals and leaves using 2 colors for more depth. The sentiment is backed with the same punch just cut up to mirror the shape yet fit properly. And I emboss the white layer before adhering it to the card. I love using my basic supplies in as many diff ways I can. It makes my investments more valuable and certainly more worthwhile!  TFSB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.