background

Monday, April 6, 2015

April Showers....

.... Bring May flowers. Today is the 1st day of our spring break and its chilly and damp outside. I can only hope our flowers are wonderful when Spring actually comes to stay. I'm up this morning to create for some of my challenges. I like it when all the powers that be align to enable me to create one card for more than one challenge. It's also fun because it makes me think a little harder, I like trying to make it all fit. I created my card based on Mojo Monday Sketch 392.

 
I was able to work Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which was "A is for ....." using  "A" to show something that inspires spring. And finally Mark's Finest Paper asked us to create a card using spring colors. And the color challenge over at My Favorite Things. Such a fun day!
 
Here's the card I created:
 

The pattern paper is from the 6x6 pad from Crate Paper "Farmhouse" - love the papers BTW. I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Memento Ink. I also used my circle and scallop dies and eggshell seam binding for the bow. The solid color paper is out of my scrap basket. The stamped image is an old Stampin Up image from the Scene in a Garden set. I really like the papers in this card. I used the rain boots for my "A" is for - April Showers. The colors are definitely from a spring pallet and I used the Mojo Monday sketch. Whoot Whoot! Off to play with the last challenge card for today, from Verve, another card sketch, my fav!  TFSB!
 
My Challenges:
MFP ~ FOSTV 161
Simon Says Stamp ~ A is for .....
Mojo Monday ~ Sketch 392
My Favorite Things ~ Color Challenge 18


7 comments:

  1. What a fun card, love the designer paper and it is definitely a reminder of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spring paper and colours. Cute little boots - hope you don't have to wear them for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Spring card! Love the papers you chose and the cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable Spring card! Love the papers you chose and the cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card. The colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sweet boots/shoes! Wonderful card, thanks for linking up at MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, the dp, cute boots and pretty bow all look super for a springy card :) Thanks for sharing at FOSTV ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.