background

Friday, April 17, 2015

Howdy Friends!

Sorry for the absences, had so very much going on this week. Had very little time to create much less post anything. BUT, now I am getting caught up and have eked out a wee bit of time to post a few of the projects I've been working on. It's been a whirlwind of activities here this 1st week back to school after spring break. Hubby and I found 5 abandoned solid wood chairs. OKAY, I found them at the end of my neighbors driveway the night before trash ran. UGH - that sounds worse than it really is! I know we all have scanned the cast off items of our neighborhood..... I'm just brave enough to own up to it. LOL Seriously though, we have already removed the seat bottoms, made patterns to make new wood we will cut. Once that is done, I will make the seat covers and reupholster the bottoms! So excited. We will use 3 chairs on one side and one at each end and hubby will build a bench for the other side. When he built our table, it was to seat 8 comfortably.

Okay - so lets take a look at the wonderful cards I've been making last night and today. My 1st card is for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. We were to create out own back grounds. So, I decided to pull out some stamps I've not used lately. I've been hyper focused on images I can color with my Copics that I all but forgot I have stamps and punches that don't require coloring per say! Duh Peg! I used stamps, ink and ribbon from Stampin Up. The cardstock is from Joann Fabrics. The flower center is something I've had for years in my bling drawer. I thought it worked well with this image.


Then I worked on a new challenge for me called Tuesday Throwdown. The challenge was to incorporate "clear" someway in our card. I decided to create this card to also use for my Unity Friends with Flair Friday too. I just really liked how it turned out and orange is one of my hubby's fav colors! I have to say I like it too.

The flowers are actually made from velum that I stamped in white embossing powder then flipped over and colored on the back of the velum to make it look almost like stained glass.  Again, I used another SU stamp set and coordinating punch. The white cardstock is Neenah, the orange cardstock and ribbon are SU pumpkin pie. The bling in the center of the flower is just from my bling drawer. =) Magical drawer that bling drawer is!


I had one more challenge for Unity to finish up today too. I had to wait for my very 1st KOM to come in the mail - YEPPIE!!! Love the kit of the month. It's full of a great variety of high quality stamps from Unity. I created this card for the Unity's Thursday's Be Inspired Challenge running from April 9 - May. The provided inspiration was this picture here:


I decided to use the sketch as my muse. =)  The stamp is part of my KOM. the sentiment is from the Stamp of the Week from last week. Love it too!! The papers are from Embellish by Dena Little Azalea 6x6 stamp pad. The pick cardstock is from Joann's Fabric, the white is Neenah. The lace is from my sewing basket, the ribbon is old SU.


So, now all I have remaining is two card sketches. One is for MFP and the 2nd is for Verve. Since these were both posted just today, I have a wee bit of time to play with my supplies and figure out exactly how I'm gonna interpret the sketches. But, you know how much I love me my sketches!! I'll be back to share those with you just as soon as I have finished them. TFSB

20 comments:

  1. Love the white embossing with the vellum on your 2nd card! The colors are simply delightful! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love that paper piecing - one of my favorite things to do! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! Great cards! Love the orange flowers you created. Paper piecing the pots on the last one was a great idea!
    Happy Friday!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the florals.....so versatile! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting form FWF. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 delights! I love the big orange bow. It is dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards!!!! Love the orange one for the Unity challenge!!! I admire your ability to pump out so many beautiful cards so quickly!!!
    TFS on FWF!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful selection of cards! I was particularly drawn to the second one - I love those orange vellum flowers! I really enjoyed reading about the chairs you found - one person's trash is another person's treasure! Hubby and I have checked out the cast-offs on clean-up week too and have definitely found some treasures! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are soooo pretty. Thanks for sharing your FWF cards.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you colored the flowers on the orange card, very beautiful effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards thank you so much for playing along with Unity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.