background

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Love hurts, don't it?

Lemme' splain.... Hubby's leaving again for another trip (he travels a lot) tomorrow. He's traveled before we even got married and still does. He's the lead mechanic for a World Challenge race team. So, every trip for as long as either of us can remember, I've made a card and slipped it in his luggage. It started as a total surprise to him and  over the years there have been a time here or there I forgot to do it, or he left the card here at home and he's actually gotten sad once he's at the hotel and realizes what's happened. It's rather sweet I think. So, since he's leaving in the morning I sat down and created a card for this trip. It's a spin on a get well card I saw some time ago.

 
Sadly, I didn't have a stamp that said "love hurts". I didn't even have stamps that I could've cannibalized to create a stamp that said that! And I wish I had prettier handwriting, but I don't. Should've been a doctor! Those are suppose to be Band-Aids, hope they came across that way. It's on lime green cardstock. Al the supplies for this card came from Stampin Up. Except for the sentiment which I wrote using a Sharpie Marker.
 
I also created a card for Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Due Date. "This week whether the words make you think of a new baby or school assignment, the library or perhaps something past due...." And easy peasy lemon squeezy - Tuesday Throwdown # 241 "Up In The Air" (Things That Fly) challenge. At the end of graduation, the grads throw their caps into the air. And I thought about my little girl - not so little anymore. She graduated from high school this past January and will "walk" this May. I'm so very happy. So, this is what I created. Again, all the supplies are from Stampin' Up.
 
 
I created the cap from my punches and the tassel I made using my embroidery thread. I can't wait to send this to her (you may already know she's living with family friends going to college in Virginia Beach, Va. I thought the Sizzix keys embossing folder was a nice subtle background. Now she has the keys to move forward in  life - =)  Silly maybe, but I dig it. I'm off to do me some laundry - Oh my fav!! tee hee
 
Thanks for stopping by - don't forget about the give-away I posted this morning. Check it out and tell your friends.

8 comments:

  1. You won't mind if I CASE this lovely card Thanks for sharing at MFP SFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - and CASE away!! =) There are so very many great cards out there that I usually end up combining elements from like 5 other cards into one of my own. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Great black and white grad card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of graduates when I hear black and white, too! Great clean and simple layout.Thanks for sharing!
    kReN, MFP DT
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so sweet. I love your idea's for both.
    Thanks for sharing
    Jane MFP DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great graduation card! Very sharp looking! Thanks for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge. Hope you play again!
    hugs,
    Pam
    MFP SF&F DT
    www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful. Love the layers of embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first card, and the song the sentiment comes from.

    The second was a great idea for the black and white challenge. Congrats to your daughter. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.