background

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

It's all about a white tuxedo

Yesterday when Wildman got home he told me he wanted to get a white tuxedo. When I asked him what for, he told me "for the year end party". OH MY! Yes, the year end party for his last year in elementary school. He says the other boys are going to be dressed up and he'd really like to wear a white tuxedo. Wow, I smiled and told him we'd find him something special for sure. He never ceases to amaze me (our make me giggle.) He's my crazy little Wildman! I even forgot to tell hubby - he'd rather be tortured than to wear anything that even comes close to "Sunday go to meetin' clothes" much less a tuxedo!! Too funny....

Ha, so okay, my camera came yesterday. I love visits from the man in brown! It's like Christmas. So, I charged it up yesterday and have pulled it out already and have been playing with it. It seems to take a nice pic, but I'll know as soon as I load one or two up here to the blog.

 
Well, not too bad. I'm sure once I learn more about my new camera it'll get even better. So, this card is for two things. For the Christmas Card Challenge Blog and for the Christmas Card Class I've been taking on line class from Justine Hovey that I mentioned here: Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas. This week the technique was all about coloring. I love coloring, have since I was little. The image I use here is from Pinterest. I've been looking for it again to give you the link and credit to the artist, but I can't find it. Moving forward I'll be sure to save them in a special way to preserve the link and give credit where due. I stamped the image in Memento Ink  on Neenah Cardstock 110 lbs, then colored her with my Copics. I then added Wink of Stella to her wings and the holly leaves on her cap. The cardstock and ribbon are from Stampin Up. The little "just be Claus" was in my button basket and I cut the shank off. As always I used my paper trimmerpink taper runner, pop dots and a few glue dots for the ribbon. Oh! For the ribbon, I actually cut a small slit in the spine of the card to lace the ribbon thru since I didn't have a mat to tape it under. Time to run, errands to take care of. TFSB!

3 comments:

  1. Great colour combination for this lovely Christmas card and a fun image .love the button embellishment too. Thanks for sharing on Christmas card challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Christmas Card! Glad you like your New Camera!!! Looks like it takes great photo's!!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your striking background stripes and the beautifully coloured image. Great card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.