background

Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Fab-u-kitty Friday!

I've been crafting today, I know this has got to come to a shock to you but it's very true. I did also do a bit of office maintenance kinda tasks today as well. Cleaned up round the house (don't I always?!) did a wee bit of crafty clean up too. OOOO - I also participated in a special class today! A wonderful on-line technique class. Two actually. Such fun and taught by such a wonderful lady. She has created PDF files for each class for use to print and keep forever. She also recorded special videos available only to those who sign up for the class. Did I mention that it's a super great price and 40 classes long??? One each Monday for 40 weeks. I will come back and give you more info tonight after I finish the second class project and the BONUS week 2 project.... I want to be able to show you. And at that time I will give you the deets, her name and all of the necessary links, so come 1st think tomorrow and check out all the great info!

So, after all that I decided to create two projects for two different challenges. The two projects today  were sketch challenges. The 1st card is for the on-going Verve April Sketch challenge. Here's my card:


I used basic kraft card stock as the base. I cut all the pattern papers from bits and pieces from my stash. The largest piece is from Crate Paper Farmhouse 6x6 pad. Yes, I used this just recently, but man I do really love this pattern! Can't help myself! The stamped sentiment is from SU.

My second card is for the Unity Friday Friends with Flair. It asked to use the April Be Inspired color block and or sketches. I decided to use both as my muse. I used a new to me sentiment from Unity I won a short time ago for a blog hop called "Julie Girl" - love the wonderful gifts. I got that and another stamp set called "Lasting Thoughts" a unity artista kit from 2013. The blog hop winners were announced and seriously 3 days later the stamps were in my mailbox!! AH-Mazing!! Anyhoo - the pattern paper is from a Recollections 6x6 Home Basics pad. The cardstock is an old color from SU as is the ribbon. I cut the flower shape from a die, spritzed it with water and twisted it up with my bone folder. I clipped it while it dried and glued it to a flower base with hot glue. The center is scrap card stock clipped, rolled and mushed just a bit. I also spritzed the flower only with DecoFabric Glitter Spray. The leaves are a SU punch that I threaded thru half and wrapped only round half of the card front. As soon as my camera gets here I will do a video tute for the flower and ribbon. The flower can be made with any punch or die shape.


This little beauty certainly isn't made for the postal system to say the least, as is sits approximately 1" above the card base at the highest flower leaf point. She's a "beaut" though. I'll be excited to share the process with you as well as other shapes. I'll be sure to show the before shape and the finished flower. It's crazy to see just how different the flower looks with each new shape!

Well, I'm off to get dinner started. Think we will have home made pizzas tonight. Happy and safe Friday you guys! TFSB

My Challenges:
Unity Stamps ~ Friday Friends with Flair
Viva la Verve ~ April Friday Sketches

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Wonderful colors in both of them and love the flower in the second one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gorgeous!!!! Love the color palette and how you used it.....and that big delicious flower is awesome!!!
    Save some pizza for me. I like mushrooms and olives on mine. :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
    I saw your entry at FWF.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and fabulous. Love your really big flower. great idea. hello from FWF x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, I especially love your flower!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your very pretty cards at FWF. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both lovely cards but I just adore that stunning flower on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are lovely! That flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so fun! Love that gorgeous flower! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are beautiful I love,love love the flower one for sure
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.