background

Sunday, April 19, 2015

We're back in the high life again with a little bowtie pasta

Icky day yesterday - our AT&T Uverse box (the one that supplies everything to the whole house) died. It was early in the morning and to my amazement, we had a technician at our home THIS morning. I take back some of the very ugly things I've often said about them - but not all of them! =)

So, while we were outta the loop, hubby and I continued on with your plan of clearing out the back bedroom to get it ready for me. I've been in the dining room since we moved in Nov. 1st. The back room has sissy's stuff in it, and she decided not to move in with us. She's with her friends family in Virginia Beach and is enrolled in college there. Soooo, we decided to get me in there. Yet, sadly, somewhere during our 6 moves in just 17 months, I lost 3/4 of my craft studio!  Seriously, it's been icky! I do have the most basic of items. I know I needed to downsize, but.....  We moved from our 2900 sf home of 12 years with a large dedicated craft studio and have ended up in my sister's house (she's renting in south GA for a job) of approx. 1450 sf! We'll be here for about 2-3 yrs while we build in north Georgia . I've been downsized, but dang - I'd rather have had the choice of what to donate. ANYHOO - enuff of my whining.

My usual challenges post like this:

Monday has 2
Tuesday has 1
Wednesday has 1
Friday has 3
Saturday has 2

AND, I have one that posts the 1st of each month and on that posts every 2nd Thursday monthly. Honestly, these challenges keep me sane! They give me such joy, I know you feel the very same way I am sure. Sometimes I feel guilty about my addiction and sometimes (no, it's often) I question myself about the number of cards I have in my possession.... do I really need "50'leven million" cards?? I don't think so, but I can't help myself! I donate AND actually send them and they still pile up.... what's a crafter to do???

HEY!!! I have an idea - I think I need to host a giveaway! Oooooo, I'll be back tomorrow with the official give away!!! Come back and check it out, pretty please.

OKAY - so it's about time I get to my cards, right?? I took some time to create one card for two challenges that are sketches and oddly enough, they were very close in concept.

and:

 
Isn't that crazy?  Mark's Finest Papers and Via La Verve are just so similar this week. I really loved the Verve sketch so that's how I rolled. And here she is:


I have to tell you about the little banner, yes, now I see they aren't spaced as I thought they were - but, the little shape is actually a little piece of bowtie pasta! Yeah - it's part of an old metal thin die system for kitchens I bought from Archiver's years ago. (I was lucky enuff to have kept Big Shot and about 75% of my dies). I thought is made the cutest little flag shape. tee hee

For my next card it's a challenge hosted at Mark's Finest Papers. Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 258 posted Saturday morning and it asked us tp create a black and white card. I immediately knew what I was going to do... I pulled out an old Amuse stamp set called Foiled Again. I bet you know where this is headed, huh?


I embossed the 'stach and saying with SU black powder. Used the last I of my SU black checked ribbon (my all time fav ribbon!!) and added some patterned paper I bought at Joann's. I also popped the 'stach up on foam tape. So, that's what I did this morning. It made me happy. And that's what it all should be about, being happy. But, now I must go and play mom. I've gotta get dinner going. Baked Ziti, beans, and roasted garlic Naan bread. Yum-a-doodle!!

Thanks for all the wonderfully kind compliments and for stopping by my teeny tiny little blog. You are very appreciated!!  Don't forget about the crazy little contest thangie I'm cooking up for tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards .
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your black and white is lovely thanks for sharing at SFF MFP>>>>>>>Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your b/w stach card is adorable; love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used for the Oriental Sketch card. Thank you for playing along with us at the MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute black and white card. That sentiment made me chuckle!

    Thanks for sharing!
    kReN, MFP DT
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge. Hope you play again!
    hugs,
    Pam
    MFP SF&F DT
    www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just adore the second card. Too funny. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.