background

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Whoot Whoot & Shut the front door!!!

Okay, just got updated that my new camera will be here by the end of the day ..... wait for it ..... MONDAY!!! I am so very excited, now my pics will be much better AND I can try out how to make tutorials for YouTube! I'm so happy! I chose the Samsung WB1100. It's a digital camera but nothing like a Cannon Rebel. I'm not a photographer and don't need the all of the super fancy camera, maybe one day.

So, I have created 3 cards - been busy with household icky stuff and my pain levels have been stupid high the past few days so I've not been in my craft room for anything other than still trying to fit in here with a huge queen bed. Slow, but it is coming together.  The cards I have made are very clean and simple.

I used an older Stampin Up cardstock and oh, this stamp set I've had for years and just adore. I used my Copics to color the image. I created this for the MFP Friday Oriental Sketch (that's coming to an end, this is the last challenge of it's kind). I also used a bit of Wink of Stella on the stars and in his eyes and my Signo uniball white pen on the cat's eyes and teeth and the pumpkin's tooth. The pattern paper is from a 6x6 paper pad from Michaels.


For my Unity challenge I decided to use my prize for a blog hop to create for the Friends with Flare Friday. I again, used my Copics to color the image. For some reason, she gives ne a hard time. There's just so many great color combos to chose from! LOL  I used SU cardstock and pattern paper from a Bo Bunny Garden Journal Collection 6x6 pad. The red checked ribbon is old Stampin Up.... I love those checked ribbons.


 My last card is one was my fav of the three. It's the last MFP (last) Monday Friends of Speedy Creatures of the Night. My take is very different, well see here....


I used my Silhouette to cut the stitched circle. I sold my Cricut Expression 2 and all the gazillion cartridges oh! and the handheld designer Gypsy thangie to buy the Silhouette Cameo. Sometimes I wish I'd not sold it. Okay, often! I just need to lean my Silhouette like I knew my Cricut! ANYHOO, I sponged the night sky with SU inks after I masked the moon off with scrap cardstock. I used Neenah 110lb cardstock for the stitched circle and to stamp my little girl on. I colored the image with my Copics. The stamped image is from Simon Says Stamp: Slumber Party with the matching dies. I really love this adorable little set. She's super fun to color too! I added a few little, tiny clear blings to resemble stars in the night sky. The yellows a little harsh, but such is life - tee hee. Think of it as dirty clouds crossing over the moon - LOL - maybe not!!

TFSB


Links to the Products I used:
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
Fiskars Paper Cutter
Silhouette Cameo
Copic Markers
Wink of Stella
Uni-ball Signo White Ink Pen
Paper Snips
SSS Slumber Party Stamp Set
SSS Slumber Party Matching Dies





6 comments:

  1. What an adorable pumpkin and cat card! Super sweet! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three nice cards and I love your take on our FOSTV challenge. Never thought about all those sleepovers and how little sleeping is actually done when thinking about this challenge - great idea and card. Wishing you a less painful week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I hope you enjoy your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting a New Camera!!! How Fun!!! :) All of your cards look wonderful.... And don't worry.... you'll get use to the cameo... There is a Learning curve for sure.. but once you learn it... you'll be happy you sold your Cricut stuff!!! :) When I first got mine a few years ago... I had a hard time and I kept going back to my cricut... then I finally got the hang of my Cameo and I've never looked back... So have some Patience... You'll love it soon enough! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement - I'm gonna try to play with it more than I have been. I'm sure it'll be super and I'll love it as much and hopefully more than I loved my Cricut!

      Delete
  5. Waaay out there .....thanks for sharing your three lovely card at FOSTV............Lis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.