background

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hubby to my rescue!

I have had my Big Shot for years. I've used it like crazy and am in love with it. But just the other night I was cutting something, can't remember what, with my family around and then we heard this horrible sound, the handle jerked in my hand and went slack. My heart sunk! My hubby's eyes got really big and Wildman gasped (yes it was that loud of a noise.) I just knew I'd broken it and I was sick, cuz I don't have an extra $100.00 just sitting around. Well, I got very lucky....

 
Do you see the BROKEN plates on the right? Yeah, I actually snapped one plate in two! You can see it's well worn and actually curved, the reason (I'm sure) that it snapped. The machine is fine btw, thank goodness!! Now, you see the plates on the left? Yeah, hubby cut them (from scrap) at work for me for free! I was super happy and they work perfectly! Now, I know the replacement plates aren't that expensive, but they aren't free! He's going to cut me another set to store away. He's awesome (most the time - LOL!) Now, if I can just get him to cut them with pink Plexiglas - HA HA!! Don't think a race teams gonna have pink just sitting around. There's always hoping huh?

Now for my latest card, it's the monthly Viva la Vere challenge sketch. I also wanted to include the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown which was to create a get well card....

 
I kinda struggled with this one for some reason.  But, I'm determined to use my Silhouette more so I decided to make the bunting across the bottom with my Cameo. It was easy enough.
 
 
The pattern paper is an old collection from Basic Grey called "Blush" and "Lilykate". The stamp set is an Stampin Up set, Pun Fun. The jute I've had forever and don't remember where I got it. I pierced the little holes in the corners of the white image layer using the Stampin Up paper piercing pack. And I colored the image with my Copics.
 
I also created a card for the Addicted to CAS bog. This week we were asked to create using only black, white and gold. So, I pulled out my SU set Mixed Bunch and stamped away.  The ribbon is my go to seam binding that I colored on side of, balled it up in my hand and misted with water. Once it was dry I made my bow. The cardstock is Neenah and Stampin Up.
 
 
Hey! Don't forget to stop by Friday morning to see my HUGE, happy announcement. (pretty please) It's got me very excited and most happy and I'd excited to share with you! TFSB


4 comments:

  1. Oh, these cards are just delightful. Love that little whale! Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whale and the cute sketch. Your CAS design is great in the 2nd card as well. Thank You so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for the Get Well challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Had that happen to me when I was using my Cuttlebug one time... My plate just "SNAPPED"!!! But it was okay.... Cuz I only buy new plates when they're on sale... so I had a spare!!! But lucky you that your hubby made some for you!!!! Both of your cards are wonderful!! I especially like the Black/White/Gold card.... It just looks Classic!! :) Have a Great Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful get whale card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Hope you'll join us for the new challenge which starts tomorrow.
    Hugs, Debi DT TT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.